urlopen error

ojo360

Cadet
Hello I recently installed FreeNAS bare metal for the first time. I had it set up and running until one day my system booted without a web user IP address. Instead of doing a hard reset, which takes forever, i assumed "Reset Configuration to Defaults" would make it reset the connection to get an IP. However when i finally did a hard reset, got an IP and entered the web interface everything had changed. I was able to get back my Pool intact and i did not loose any data. However i am unable to install new plugins. Whenever i go to Plugins i get:

<urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>

I was able to determine this is a problem with my DNS but i could find a fix. Also my plugins pre-reset still work; Plex, Gitlab, and Emby still show up and Plex(only one i had setup) works. Can anyone help me with this?

System:
ASUS Z9PA-D8 Motherboard
Dual Intel E5-2670 Processors
8 x 8 GB DDR3-1600
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Install Drive
4 x 4 TB Drives
Network Card on Board
Controller on Board

D

dlavigne

Add your DNS to Network -> Global Configuration -> Nameserver 1.

ojo360

Cadet
Add your DNS to Network -> Global Configuration -> Nameserver 1.

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately this didn't work. I either have the wrong DNS or its something else. If i were to wipe the entire FreeNAS install could i still recover my pool?

pro lamer

Guru
If i were to wipe the entire FreeNAS install could i still recover my pool?
Sure, just check if your pool is encrypted before wiping. If it is then additional steps are needed (keys backup)

Sent from my phone