Power Outage Deleted Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a power outage UPS did it's job, but not long enough, several hours later the power was restored I then rebooted my FreeNAS Media Server, FreeNas came right up w/o any issues. My PlugIn (Plex) was deleted & I had to reinstall it. I reinstalled my Plex Plgin. Now I a not able to get to the media that was on the drives before the power went out, I know it is still there as when I look at the Volume I have it under shows 15% utilization.
Any help on retrieving or making my media available?
How can I prevent the plugins from being deleted in future with power outages?

Thanks

mattbbpl

Patron
Use NUT to tell your FreeNAS to shut down gracefully after the power cuts out.

As for Plex not being able to see your data, did you re-add the storage share to the Plex jail? I recently had to reinstall a plug-in, and I had a typo in the mapping for that storage share giving me the same kind of issue.

I am very new to this but really appreciate your help. I have attached a pic of setup from your question I think the answer would be no, but please review & let me know, Thanks
upload_2015-12-15_15-2-44.png

mattbbpl

Patron
My apologies, I keep seeing your replies when I don't have access to my system.

Without being able to compare to my machine, I would say that it looks like you DO NOT have storage set up for your jail. In order to do so, under "Storage" in the list on the left you would want to click "Add Storage" and follow the prompts. Then, enter your plugin configuration (Plex provides a web page for this, I believe) and set it up to look at the directory you provided for that storage.

In the end, what you'll be doing is mounting your freenas storage under a directory in your jail. You'll then access your freenas data from the jail through that directory.

It sounds a little wonky, but it makes more sense once you get in tune with what it's doing.

Last edited:
Matt - I went to add storage to the Jail for my Plexmediaserver_1 I cam across two sets of definitions & none of the folders/files of my old names I had used for them:
upload_2015-12-18_6-42-18.png

Looks like Plexmedia was reinstalled within its self????
If I need to I have no problem with wiping it all out & starting over with fresh install, but I would like to get a copy of all my media first as much of it can not be re-created. Thoughts, suggestions?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
First of all your original plex jail is still there. A power outage will not delete a jail. So let's find your original jail. I suspect it is in your root dataset and not the plex_jail dataset. Did you just create that dataset? What is the output of zfs list? Make sure to use code tags when providing information like that.

SweetAndLow - Thanks for the reply. Glad to know the original Jail is not deleted, and from what I see in the display I would agree that the old(original) and the new one is there.
I did not create a new dataset, all I did was to re-install the Plex Plugin, I believe as I am very new to this.
I will be glad to use code tags, if I may, what are they? I do appreciate your assistance.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Yes, so it looks like your current jail root directory is inside your original Plex jail. What happens if you make your jail root /mnt/plex_pool/plex_jail ? This should make your original jail appear in the GUI.

I was able to update the Jail Root:
upload_2015-12-18_11-28-42.png

Once I rebooted the server I then was able to get the Jail to change from STOPPED to RUNNING status
upload_2015-12-18_11-30-20.png

But the Plugin is not in a OFF service status, I tried to switch it to ON, but it will not go & it does not display any error message at the top of screen when I do it either.

upload_2015-12-18_11-32-43.png

Next step?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.