Brand New WD Red Drives Showing As Faulted

rivey

Contributor
Last week I was having issues with my TrueNAS machine that I had posted about. I ordered 2 new WD Plus 10 TB drives and yesterday I replaced the drive that was showing as bad. Ivery thing was looking good so I reloaded some of the old media last night and today. Then today another drive showed as faulted. Since I had another new drive, I replaced that drive. Just like the first one, it resilvered fine. Then this evening, I received the following error

CRITICAL
Pool Media state is DEGRADED: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected.
The following devices are not healthy:
Disk ATA WDC WD100EMAZ-00 JEGKTV4N is DEGRADED (This drive is older)
Disk ATA WDC WD100EMAZ-00 2TK1AJ1D is FAULTED (This drive was replaced with a brand new drive this afternoon)
Disk ATA WDC WD101EFBX-68 VCKG99XP is DEGRADED (This drive was replaced with a brand new drive last night)
22 July, 2022 20:25:37 (America/Boise)

The two drives that I just replaced are showing faulted or degraded and one of the old drives is also showing degraded. I am going to run long smart tests on all 5 of the drives on this pool as well as Scrubs on all 5 drives. The resilver on the two new drives worked fine and the failures happened after I reloaded media back onto the Pool.

I will post the results on the test as soon as they are done. Any idea's will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob Ivey

rivey

Contributor

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
It sounds like one of your HBAs is going bad.