Boot pool status is ONLINE: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.

AJinNJ

Dabbler
Saw a similar post, but I already have a pair of USB drives mirrored. How can I tell which one is "bad" so I can replace it? (I may replace both for sanity's sake, but I assume I should replace the "failed" device first?)
Code:
  pool: freenas-boot
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
  scan: resilvered 36.7M in 00:02:37 with 0 errors on Tue Sep 14 03:52:05 2021
config:

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        freenas-boot                                    ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0
            da0p2                                       ONLINE      93   923   580
            gptid/46f7a5b7-1655-11e8-9fad-10bf48b6ddea  ONLINE       6     0     6

errors: No known data errors

Thanks!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Have a look at dmesg | grep da0 and see if that gives you any clues... you may need to know which USB ports your motherboard considers as which number (and maybe account for 0-5 instead of 1-6, for example) and which controller accounts for which ports (front/back/other).

AJinNJ

Dabbler
OK, thanks for that. Are we (you) saying that da0 is the likely culprit of the errors, given the numbers of R/W/C errors in the zpool status output? I should "replace" that one in the pool first?

Thanks again.

sretalla