Blank screen after selecting FreeNAS in GRUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouji71

Cadet
Hi all.

Weird issue. FreeNAS boots fine, and it's running, because I can access it over the network and set it up, but nothing displays on the screen after I select FreeNAS in grub. I think it has something to do with my monitor, because the first time GRUB loaded it was at a very low resolution (bios-style) and FreeNAS booted up fine and I got to the 14 choices. After restarting it, GRUB now loads in a very high resolution with small font, and now I get the blank screen. I've tried reinstalling FreeNAS several times.

I guess it doesn't really matter, since I can access the web interface, but I was hoping someone might know what the problem is. Thanks!

Sorry, not sure what other info is needed. Monitor was connected via HDMI. Using a H170-ITX with an intel i3-6100 with 16GB kingston RAM

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Ensure you're running FreeNAS 9.10.1-U1 (if you haven't updated yet, be sure to read up on the problems it may cause). Run grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and reboot. It should be fixed.

Kouji71

Cadet
I'm currently running FreeNAS-9.10.1 (d989edd). Tried to use the update function in freeNAS, but that killed flash drive that I had freeNAS on, so I had to reinstall it. I assume that means I don't have the -U1, then? running grub-mkconfig doesn't solve the problem.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I assume that means I don't have the -U1
Yeah.

running grub-mkconfig doesn't solve the problem.
That's because the bug was only (partially) fixed in 9.10.1-U1 - updates have to manually run the command to regenerate the GRUB config, new installs are made with the correct config.

Status
Not open for further replies.