Bizarre errors since update to 9.2.1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyclimb

Contributor
I've been running a variety of jails, quite a few for several months with 9.2.1.7 and everything has been fine. I updated to 9.2.1.9 within the last few days, and have been getting all sorts of errors.

1st error is this line in a cron error that gets emailed to me...

Cannot open "/usr/lib/libssl.so.6"

when i try to run this script...
Code:
#!/bin/bash
jailip=$(jexec -n torrents wget -qO - icanhazip.com)
realip=$(wget -qO - icanhazip.com)
myEmail=abc@gmail.com
mail_stat=`cat /mnt/SSD/scripts/emailstat.txt`
if [ "$jailip" == "$realip" ] && [ "$mail_stat" == "none" ]; then
mail -s "VPN DOWN: both have IP $realip" $myEmail < /dev/null
jexec -n torrents service transmission stop
jexec -n torrents service sabnzbd stop
echo "sent" > /mnt/SSD/scripts/emailstat.txt
exit 1
elif [ "$jailip" != "$realip" ] && [ "$mail_stat" == "sent" ]; then
echo "none" > /mnt/SSD/scripts/emailstat.txt
fi

not been thinking to much of it... the script executes fine from the command line with no errors!

but it does not end there... plex media server. Version 0.9.11.4

and it keeps quitting, so abruptly that it is not generating a crash log. I'm a bit stuck. I tried to revert to an older snapshot, but it keeps doing it.. only now this

is coming back, only in different flavours.... including so.5 and so.7.... and here is the weird thing, it starting giving it to me when i typed ls in the command prompt within the plex jail.

so im stumped... what an earth is going on, and is this why my plex is terminating all the time!

I'm confused...

google has come up blank for me!

andyclimb

Contributor
ok, ignore this. I've just discovered that this might be due to a kern.maxfiles issue... ill get back when i might have solved it!

andyclimb

Contributor
ok, so I think that was the cause.

I was experimenting with elasticsearch and logstash, and forgot that I had the jail installed, so even when it was stopped manually upon the upgrade, and rebooting it was set to start automatically.

So the thing to remember is that just running that jail added over 11,000 openfiles to my system. My kern.Maxfiles was only set to around 12,000 so with other jails and stuff I was pushing up against those limits and the consequence was that

error appeared.

So hopefully that has fixed that. Thought i'd write about it incase anyone else was having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.