Bhyve VM broken after upgrade to 13.0-RELEASE

cb88

Dabbler
Upgraded a QNAP TS-673A with an Emulex OCE11102 + onboard 2.5GB igb nics (supported since 12.0-U7 I believe).

I was able to pass through the Intel NICs to pfSense (just for testing) and after upgrading it that VM no longer boots and cannot be cloned.

I also have a Pi-Hole VM on there that boots and I can get to the web inteface but vncproxy doesn't works (slaps head I shoud have enabled the serial TTY).

I've attached the error logs that result when attempting starting the VM or cloning. This box is mostly just for testing currently so its nothing critical is being affected. Just putting this out there so others know and perhaps it can pique a developer's interest.

Attachments

• copy-pfsense.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 110
  • start-pfsense.txt
    1 KB · Views: 111

hexley

Dabbler
Did you try clearing your browser cache or using a clean browser?

I don't know if this is still the case with the latest releases, but historically clearing browser cache has often resolved upgrade issues.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
VNC not working is a known bug, according to the Release Notes for 13. As for not starting, is the VM name correct? The error in the start log says it can't find a VM named pfSenese. This is probably why you can't clone it either.

cb88

Dabbler
It's a typo ... its not as if I corrected that typo after I did the upgrade and broke it myself.

Also I was already aware of the vncproxy bug... and since this was a test box it wasn't a big deal. I was just mentioning that I was affected by that one a tiny bit.

cb88

Dabbler
Reactivated the 12.0-U8 boot environment and the same VM starts up with no issues.