SOLVED Best way to migrate datasets through pools

pixel8383

Explorer
I need to create a new pool and move my data since I faced several permanent errors on my pool's metadata.

I am going to create a new temporary pool where to move all the data in order to destroy the broken one.

What's the best way to move the data to it? I know I could use rsync or cp/mv from ssh (ideally using tmux) but I am unsure if I will be able to copy everything (I guess things will be limited to what the root user/group has access to). As far as I understood, I could use the zfs send functionality too but I am unsure if this would migrate the broken metadata too.

Do you have any other pratical suggestion in order to easily move the data from one pool to another?

pixel8383

Explorer
I need to add that I have to migrate several iocage jails too. I have read this topic and it seems like the suggested way to migrate them is using the zfs send/receive command. I guess that this would migrate the metadata too: am I wrong?

Is there any guide/procedure somewhere to follow while migrating a pool?

Thank you!

pixel8383

Explorer
A final update: I managed to destroy the pool migrating the data first. I discovered (using zfs send) that one jail was aving some issue (I faced several time with data stream fails during the transfer) so I ended deleting that jail and dataset and creating it back again before migrating all the data. I completed the import to the pool back again. I will be monitoring in the next weeks if any error occurs again.

For the transfer, I used a mix of zfs send/receive and a few of cp/mv. The first option is the best since no information is lost on the dataset settings.