Backup / restore apps pool to smaller disks?

somewhatdamaged

Dabbler
I'm looking to migrate from a physical TrueNAS Scale server to virtualising it using Proxmox (as its over specced really)

I currently have my apps on a pool using a mirrored pair of 2TB nVME SSDs (huge waste of space for 150GB of apps), and would like to reduce the app pool size down, and then be able to utilise the extra SSD space for other vms etc

Is there a way for me to save my app configurations/data and import to the TrueNAS VM with the smaller disks or will i have to create them all from scratch?

The main pool isnt an issue, as i can just pass through the HBA and mount the disks, its the nVME app pool i'm most concerned with

Many thanks

sretalla