pool.import._on_boot is stuck, all apps are gone, dashboard is empty

BrandX

Cadet
Apologies if this is already covered by a previous post. I did search, but no results seemed to fit my specific issue/circumstances. My TrueNAS (v22.0.2) machine is running plex, unifi, lancache & lancache_dns apps. DHCP, NUT and adblocking are handled on a separate pfSense machine.
Last night, after a day of working remotely over the internet, I closed my connection to work and started cooking dinner. As I was cooking dinner, my partner told me that our internet had stopped working. I dig a little and hey, what-do-you-know, its a DNS issue.

DHCP on pfSense points clients at the lancache_dns app. That app is not running. None of my Docker apps are running. None of the apps appear in installed, available or images. Even the catalogues are empty. The dashboard is empty. Storage is empty. gulp.

There are running tasks in the task manager:

task manager.png

I watched the pool.import_on_boot stay at 80% for 30 minutes then tried a reboot. Once I got back into the GUI, I checked and no change. I let it run over overnight and no change. It is still stuck on 80%

I have some linux familiarity, but very little zfs exposure. I am not afraid of CLI. Any help to get my pool back and running and any help to figure out what happened would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

BrandX

Cadet
TrueNAS Scale version typo. I have v22.02.0 installed. my apologies.

BrandX

Cadet
If it helps, here is a photo of the OS loading.

What jumps out at me is the
Code:
PANIC: zfs: adding existent segment to range tree (offset=3fc006ba000 size=18000)
line after the start job for Import zfs pools

Somehow my pool was corrupted, I guess?

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_133655[1].jpg
    IMG_20220910_133655[1].jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 108

BrandX

Cadet
Where can I look to figure how to recover from this? My NASs is currently stuck on the pool.import_on_boot and doing nothing.

Alecmascot

Guru
It probably won't help you but there is a bug report for this but it is not a fix for a corrupted pool.
There are suggested tuneables about half way through the report that might help

BrandX

Cadet
Can someone help me out with how to enter these tuneables? Also, is there a way I can save a copy of my pool in its current state? I'm pretty new to truenas.