Backing up data to NTFS USB SSD drive

Tripwire999

Cadet
Hi,

I know it's not very commong and not advised to do, but since for some reason copying from network is really really slow at the moment. I would like to mount my NTFS formatted USB SSD drive in the root shell and backup some data. I found a couple of really old posts about this but I'm running into some issues. Apparently I need to load fuse which I can't load because it can't be found (I'm running TrueNas 13.0-U4).
I run the command:
kldload fuse
I get an error saying:
kldload: Can't load fuse: No such file or directory

When using ntfs-3g like this:
ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /mnt/usb-ssd
I get an error saying:
Failed to open fuse device: No such file or direcotry

The drive shows up in Disks as da0 and when I want to import the disk I see it available as /dev/da0s1

Tripwire999

Cadet
I just figured out what's wrong, it's called fusefs instead of fuse :). Though I seem to be able to write to the disk now I get some input output errors when removing a folder I created. This is probably why it's not a good idea to write to NTFS drives right?

sretalla