Auto shutdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvail

Cadet
Hi, I just setup two freenas 8 boxes. one used for storage and another for backups using rsync over the network. I was wondering if anyone knows of a command that can be input into the "extra options box" in "view rsync task" to tell the box used for backup to shutdown AFTER the rsync has finished. I can set the computers bios to turn on the computer at 1:50am to have it ready to accept the rsync push from my main freeness box which is scheduled to start at 2am. upon completion, it would be great if there was a way to tell it to turn itself off automatically.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, I am new to freenas and it has been quite the learning experience!

dvail

Cadet
actually, since for some reason freenas keeps changing the time in the bios, that may not work. so, I would need some kind of script to send a WOL packet before rsync and then one after rsync is done to turn the computer off.

peterh

Patron
If you are concerned of your data i would suggest that you do nott power down and power on each day, this will shorten equipment life expectancy and increase the number of
disturbancys. It will also prevent daily "maintanance jobs" run by freenas itself.

Yatti420

Wizard
Cronjob.. shutdown -p now .. Give it egnough time for rsync to finish.. Set your date/time in freenas and let it adjust bios.. Then use bios turn on and adjust for utc time.. Mine powering on is easy its the power off giving me issues now as in it restarts versus shutsdown..

Status
Not open for further replies.