Auto move transmission files after complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleycr

Patron
I've been running 9.3 stable since it came out. Updated about 2 months ago. I used Joshua Ruehlig's guide on his blog to setup my plugins. Within the last month or two I realized once media was was done downloading in Transmission it doesn't automatically delete out of transmission and move to the correct directory. It goes to my completed tv or movie directory but no further. I thought, before this started happening, it was moving to the correct tv/movie folder, but appears not. I do remember setting up NzbToMedia. Is it possible it's not doing what it's suppose to, or does that only apply to SABnzbd and SickBeard?

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
that's not working as it's supposed to. it should move to the final media directory for SR/CP.

I'd check transmission has the script set correctly, also some of the nzbtomedia settings on my blog changed a few months ago. I'd check the autoProcessMedia.cfg

carleycr

Patron
I updated my settings in autoProcessMedia.cfg. Thanks for the heads up. What transmission script are you referring to? Where would it be located on freenas?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I updated my settings in autoProcessMedia.cfg. Thanks for the heads up. What transmission script are you referring to? Where would it be located on freenas?
The setting is in Transmission configuration menu, in the freenas WebUI, left panel, under plugins

carleycr

Patron
I'm not seeing the script. Do you have a link for the script to download and the file path it should go?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'm not seeing the script. Do you have a link for the script to download and the file path it should go?
if you did the steps on my blog you already have the script "/usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py" and would have already set the setting.

carleycr

Patron
if you did the steps on my blog you already have the script "/usr/local/share/nzbToMedia/TorrentToMedia.py" and would have already set the setting.
Somehow the script was no longer in my transmission settings. I re-added script to transmission and updated all settings according to blog. Here is an error log I get from Sab. FreeNAS UI says there are no updates for Sab. Any thoughts on this?
Screen Shot 2016-04-21 at 3.19.14 PM.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Somehow the script was no longer in my transmission settings. I re-added script to transmission and updated all settings according to blog. Here is an error log I get from Sab. FreeNAS UI says there are no updates for Sab. Any thoughts on this?
View attachment 11483
looks like your autoProcessMedia.cfg isn't setup properly.
the update it's referring to is for nzbtomedia, you can update that by doing a 'git pull' in its directory.

carleycr

Patron
I'll double check my autoProcessMedia.cfg settings to ensure their correct.

Just to clarify, will this work (git pull git://github.com/clinton-hall/nzbToMedia.git /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia), or will that replace all files in nzbToMedia directory?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the error said you were missing a tv section. I'd check that

cd /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
git pull
chown -R media:media *

carleycr

Patron
the error said you were missing a tv section. I'd check that

cd /usr/local/share/nzbToMedia
git pull
chown -R media:media *
I ran the git pull with no errors so thanks for that. I double checked my autoProcessMedia.cfg and settings are all correct. I checked Sab, SickRage, and Transmission settings in UI and those are correct. Directories are there. The content gets downloaded to the tv or movie directories, it's the post process to move to the tv show or movie folder within the parent video folder.

Glorious1

Guru
Within the last month or two I realized once media was was done downloading in Transmission it doesn't automatically delete out of transmission
Wouldn't you want it to wait until it seeded at least 1:1 before it was deleted out of Transmission?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I ran the git pull with no errors so thanks for that. I double checked my autoProcessMedia.cfg and settings are all correct. I checked Sab, SickRage, and Transmission settings in UI and those are correct. Directories are there. The content gets downloaded to the tv or movie directories, it's the post process to move to the tv show or movie folder within the parent video folder.
If you did everything per the blog it should work. That error sounds like you are missing a [tv] section in the config. maybe you could try moving your current config, copy the sample config again, and edit it again.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Wouldn't you want it to wait until it seeded at least 1:1 before it was deleted out of Transmission?
There's no way currently in Transmission to trigger a script be run after a certain seeding ratio. Only after downloading is complete.

But if you do want to do your part and seed there are way to copy/link the file so you can still enjoy it while seeding it up until a certain ratio

Glorious1

Guru
There's no way currently in Transmission to trigger a script be run after a certain seeding ratio. Only after downloading is complete.

But if you do want to do your part and seed there are way to copy/link the file so you can still enjoy it while seeding it up until a certain ratio
Interesting - so that's one reason why so many people don't seed.

carleycr

Patron
If you did everything per the blog it should work. That error sounds like you are missing a [tv] section in the config. maybe you could try moving your current config, copy the sample config again, and edit it again.
Can you please clarify what you're referring to specifically? Are you saying there is a section named TV in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file or are you saying I'm missing the tv section path in the Transmission section of the autoProcessMedia.cfg? I do have the folders in my dataset.
FreeNAS Media Directories.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Can you please clarify what you're referring to specifically? Are you saying there is a section named TV in the autoProcessMedia.cfg file or are you saying I'm missing the tv section path in the Transmission section of the autoProcessMedia.cfg? I do have the folders in my dataset.
View attachment 11586
in the autoProcessMedia.cfg you should have a TV section setup
transmission doesn't need any per category settings.

if you can't figure it out I suggest you move your current config, copy the sample one, and edit the sample one per the blog post.

carleycr

Patron
in the autoProcessMedia.cfg you should have a TV section setup
transmission doesn't need any per category settings.

if you can't figure it out I suggest you move your current config, copy the sample one, and edit the sample one per the blog post.
So I moved the old copy, performed the copy step for the autoProcessMedia.cfg.spec to autoProcessMedia.cfg, updated per last steps in blog and still no luck. Any other suggestions?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
So I moved the old copy, performed the copy step for the autoProcessMedia.cfg.spec to autoProcessMedia.cfg, updated per last steps in blog and still no luck. Any other suggestions?
maybe your sickrage settings arent matching your autoprocessmedia.cfg?

carleycr

Patron
I've checked all settings for all plugins and autoprocessessmedia.cfg. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.