Asrock C2750D4I shuts off after a few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleycr

Patron
Had this board and freenas working, for the most part, for about 3 years now. Yesterday, I shutdown server properly, unplugged and dusted it out with my air compressor. Plugged it back in, powered up for a few seconds, doesn't post, and shuts down. The only way I can get it to power on again is to unplug the power cord and plug back in and it still does the same thing. I reseated the memory, even moved sticks to different slots. Reseated hard drive power and sata cables. Reseated board power cable. Reseated some fan connections. Powered on with no peripherals plugged in. All with no luck to post or stay on more than a few seconds.

I'm really hoping responses are not that I have to replace the board. Any suggestions appreciated.

m0nkey_

MVP
There's a know hardware issue with the Atom C2x50 series which prevents it from booting. Intel resolved it but the only way to fix is to open an RMA with ASRock Rack.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Redcoat

MVP

carleycr

Patron
Thanks for all the replies guys. Is there a way I can get ASROCK Rack to fast track the RMA by mentioning something from a previous RMA that someone had on here?

m0nkey_

MVP
Thanks for all the replies guys. Is there a way I can get ASROCK Rack to fast track the RMA by mentioning something from a previous RMA that someone had on here?
You can request an advanced RMA. You'll have to give them your credit card number and they will put a hold for the retail price of the board and ship it to you right away. Once you have returned your faulty board, they will refund your CC.

carleycr

Patron
I was able to have the PC power up for just enough time to grab a screenshot of the sensor readings while logged into IPMI. I responded back to the support rep and he suggested I request an RMA. I just submitted request. Hopefully it wont take long to approve and get a replacement. Thanks for the help everyone.

On another note, when I reassemble my components and HDD connections back on to the new board, do I need to take note what sata port the HHD's are plugged into? Will FreeNAS care what sata port they're plugged into when reconnected? Sorry if this is a stupid question, just want to ensure I don't screw up my volume.

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
I hope that your RMA process goes smoothly. It's surely no mystery to Asrock as to the issue.

FreeNAS won't care which ports the drives are plugged in to.

Good luck.

carleycr

Patron
I got a fast reply back approving the RMA. However, they're claiming it's out of warranty and there is a $50 service charge. It for sure is older than 3 years, but I read in this thread that ASROCK sent an email to the user Moppen that these boards have an extended warranty to 4 years. Is there any documentation that anyone is aware that I can provide back to ASROCK to support this?

Redcoat

MVP
Well, at least one thing to be conscious of is that Moppen was/is in Germany where consumer/warranty protection is typically more onerous on the supply chain that that here in the US.

US web site ways standard warranty is 1 year, so it seems like the suggested 3 years for your board may be the discretionary version to cover for the Intel bug. I cannot find EU warranty information.

In your shoes I'd be sore tempted to swallow hard and pony up the $50. It'll cost you a lot more to find an alternative route to get your box humming again, I suspect.

carleycr

Patron
In your shoes I'd be sore tempted to swallow hard and pony up the $50. It'll cost you a lot more to find an alternative route to get your box humming again, I suspect.
Darn. Very true. Small price to pay I guess. Now let's just hope the replacement doesn't go out after the 3 month warranty they provide for that board! Knock on wood. Thanks for all the fast and helpful replies everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.