Asrock C2550d4i not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

fontes31

Explorer
BTW, I hope you are not doing all this while the system has power? You should have the system off and unplugged while you are switching things around...
I have access by network to the board

Enviado do meu Nexus 6 através de Tapatalk

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

Mirfster

Gotta run for a bit, but basically everything I have said was already said by @rogerh ; so I leave you in his hands for now. :D
Yes, that's correct. (You could argue that the red and black should be reversed, but seeing the power button is normally a simple switch with no diodes in it, it shouldn't matter.) Does it still not work like that? Next you need to be checking the power supply connection and the DIMM seating. And check for short circuits under the board such as stand-offs where not needed for board screws.

fontes31

Explorer
Gotta run for a bit, but basically everything I have said was already said by @rogerh ; so I leave you in his hands for now. :D
Thanks a lot for your help, i cannot access to bios settings from network.

I have the option to do a firmware update, should i do it?

rogerh

Guru
Thanks a lot for your help, i cannot access to bios settings from network.

Is that because "power on" from IPMI doesn't work? Can you get a view of the console in IPMI?

I have the option to do a firmware update, should i do it?

Is that an IPMI firmware update? I don't think that will make a difference. But it probably won't do any harm. But if the power switch is now connected correctly, the DIMM is well seated in the right place, and the PSU is properly plugged in, and you have checked there is nothing under the board shorting it, then it begins to look if some part of your hardware is faulty. Either the MB, the PSU or the DIMM. Can you check the last two in another computer, or do you have different ones you could check with this motherboard?

fontes31

Explorer
I changed the PSU and nothing, i have two 8gb rams, both inserted in the asrock and nothing.

fontes31

Explorer
Well, Well, the first asrock board and this...i Know that sometimes happens, but...

rogerh

Guru
Well, Well, the first asrock board and this...i Know that sometimes happens, but...
I suppose there is a very remote chance the power switch is faulty. Though if it won't switch on via IPMI that almost excludes that, and completely excludes it if you try from IPMI with the power switch disconnected from the board. (You could remove the power switch connector from the board and *very* carefully short its two pins with a small screwdriver, but this is a very high-risk operation, and trying IPMI with the power switch disconnected is probably as conclusive.)

Bad luck if it is a bad board, but at least you can tell the retailer what you have done to check it.

Mirfster

Take it down to the basics. Just install the CPU, RAM and PSU (no hard drives or additional cards). Attach a Monitor, KB and Mouse. Double check that you have everything connected properly, re-seat components. Make sure you applied thermal paste correctly. Heck even check your PSU (seen in the past where they have a switch on the back for 110/120 and 204/240 voltages (make sure yours is set correctly if it has this option).

See if the system will POST and try to access the BIOS. Let us know if it can at least get this far.

From your first posting, it would appear that the system did boot since you mentioned:
i cannot restart the machine by power botton / reset bottom.

But the further this thread has gone on the more I am getting confused as to the system state... :D

fontes31

Explorer
Take it down to the basics. Just install the CPU, RAM and PSU (no hard drives or additional cards). Attach a Monitor, KB and Mouse. Double check that you have everything connected properly, re-seat components. Make sure you applied thermal paste correctly. Heck even check your PSU (seen in the past where they have a switch on the back for 110/120 and 204/240 voltages (make sure yours is set correctly if it has this option).

See if the system will POST and try to access the BIOS. Let us know if it can at least get this far.

From your first posting, it would appear that the system did boot since you mentioned:

But the further this thread has gone on the more I am getting confused as to the system state... :D

I tried all of that and nothing. The PSU is 204/240 voltage (just that)
For this board i do not have to apply thermal paste

Mirfster

For this board i do not have to apply thermal paste
Yes, you are correct.

Well at this stage, I am going to have to lean towards hardware failure of some type.

Only other thing I can even think of is to ask if you used stand-offs when attaching the motherboard to the case... :D Believe it or not I have seen that occur in the past.. :eek:

fontes31

Explorer
Yes, you are correct.

Well at this stage, I am going to have to lean towards hardware failure of some type.

Only other thing I can even think of is to ask if you used stand-offs when attaching the motherboard to the case... :D Believe it or not I have seen that occur in the past.. :eek:
I do not know what to do more, I think I tried all the possibilities

Mirfster

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The PSU is 204/240 voltage (just that)
Never, ever a good sign. All good PSUs are capable of universal 100-250V input.

Anyway, consider explaining your problem in detail in the Portuguese section of the forum.

rogerh

Guru
Never, ever a good sign. All good PSUs are capable of universal 100-250V input.

Anyway, consider explaining your problem in detail in the Portuguese section of the forum.

If the problem is solved in that forum, could someone post it here please?

fontes31

Explorer
If the problem is solved in that forum, could someone post it here please?
I will send the board to the shop and take another, let's see what happens

fontes31

Explorer
Good afternoon everyone,
Happy ending...so sent the board back to the shop (amazing service by the store). Talked to them last monday and thursday arrived new board (just to say that iam in Portugal and the store in Germany). Great service.
The board now starts, the green ligths and a red flash and all at 100%.
Just one doubt, the front fans and rear fans, what you suggest the connection? To the board or to the case?

Thanks everyone for the help expecially to Mirfster

Mirfster

Just one doubt, the front fans and rear fans, what you suggest the connection? To the board or to the case?
Not sure exactly what you mean, but will try to answer anyways.

The fans would be mounted on the case, normally with the front fan blowing air inwards towards the components and the rear fan would blow outwards (extracting air from the components). This way it would assist in ensuring constant airflow across the components.

Connectors for the fans are shown in Section "1.4 Motherboard Layout" of the manual:
"Front Fan 1" = #17
"Front Fan 2" = #16
"Rear Fan 1" = #3
"Rear Fan 2" = #4

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.