Asrock C2550d4i not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

fontes31

Explorer
Hi,

I have a asrock C2550d4i with 8x2 ram CT102472BD160B, PSU LC Power 80PLus Gold 600W and a Fractal 304 case.
I can have access by IP, but i cannot restart the machine by power botton / reset bottom.
I do not know if the jumper connection is not ok. I think i did it the same as describe the manual. In attachment 2 photos of the board connected.

Attachments

• IMG_20160207_093621.jpg
    IMG_20160207_093621.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 280

fontes31

Explorer
Another photo of the board

Attachments

• asrock.png
    asrock.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 290

rogerh

Guru
You don't seem to have anything connected to the reset pin in your photograph. I can see a black wire connected to the power switch pin, but I can't see whether there is a connection to the pin behind it. And there is no indication in the photo whether the black wire is from the power button or if the possible connection behind it is also from the power button. The power button should have two wires connected to the middle pin on the side with the missing pin and to one of the gnd pins beside it, either on the same or opposite side. If that's right it should work. Not having the reset pin connected doesn't matter in itself, but suggests you haven't got everything entirely right! Is there anyone local who could have a look at it for you?

fontes31

Explorer
I
You don't seem to have anything connected to the reset pin in your photograph. I can see a black wire connected to the power switch pin, but I can't see whether there is a connection to the pin behind it. And there is no indication in the photo whether the black wire is from the power button or if the possible connection behind it is also from the power button. The power button should have two wires connected to the middle pin on the side with the missing pin and to one of the gnd pins beside it, either on the same or opposite side. If that's right it should work. Not having the reset pin connected doesn't matter in itself, but suggests you haven't got everything entirely right! Is there anyone local who could have a look at it for you?[/QUOTE

Thanks for your help, i think you are talking about the black connector and where to put it?

Attachments

• power.jpg
    power.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 268
  • board.jpg
    board.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 274

rogerh

Guru
Yes, that's correct. (You could argue that the red and black should be reversed, but seeing the power button is normally a simple switch with no diodes in it, it shouldn't matter.) Does it still not work like that? Next you need to be checking the power supply connection and the DIMM seating. And check for short circuits under the board such as stand-offs where not needed for board screws.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about

Mirfster

fontes31

Explorer
Then, just leave that GND empty (between the HDD LED and Reset) and see if that works for you. Geez, it wouldn't kill AsRock to add a little color to this section... lol
uploadfromtaptalk1454854868060.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454854872759.jpg

Right this?

Enviado do meu Nexus 6 através de Tapatalk

Mirfster

No, that was only 90 degrees.. Like this:
upload_2016-2-7_9-39-23.png

Also, from the pictures it looks like you have ram in DDR3_B1 (unless you have two sticks and I cannot see).

But the manual states:
Please install the memory module on DDR3_A1 for the first priority.

Mirfster

Thinking back, it really shouldn't matter too much since most modern motherboards just work by shorting those two pins. Normally, if the Power button is held down for 5+ seconds then the system powers off (hard shutdown), if the Power Button in "tapped" it does a reboot. However, that can be controlled/set in the BIOS.

Check your BIOS as well and see what it is set to.

fontes31

Explorer
Thinking back, it really shouldn't matter too much since most modern motherboards just work by shorting those two pins. Normally, if the Power button is held down for 5+ seconds then the system powers off (hard shutdown), if the Power Button in "tapped" it does a reboot. However, that can be controlled/set in the BIOS.

Check your BIOS as well and see what it is set to.
I have like this, and the ram
uploadfromtaptalk1454856643213.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454856649178.jpg

rogerh

Guru
I have to connect the board to the network?
No, you don't. But as Mirfster said you should use the blue DIMM slot on the power plug side of the CPU first if you only have one DIMM. Not doing this may or may not prevent it starting.

Mirfster

I have to connect the board to the network?
Huh? No one said that..

In the picture, you just attached:
upload_2016-2-7_10-6-21.png

Whenever there is a "+" that means "Positive". Positive is the Red wire.
Whenever there is a "-" that means "Negative". Negative is the Black wire.
So, your Power SW is technically backwards... Don't get caught up on if the wording (ie. "POWER SW") is facing out or not...

On to your RAM, if you have only one stick of RAM... Then it is supposed to be in "DDR3_A1":
upload_2016-2-7_10-5-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-7_9-58-52.png
    upload_2016-2-7_9-58-52.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 255

Mirfster

fontes31

Explorer
BTW, I hope you are not doing all this while the system has power? You should have the system off and unplugged while you are switching things around...
Of course I change the ram with all unplugged. Not work like this
uploadfromtaptalk1454858030884.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1454858035779.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.