Anyone having issues updating plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

felthamn

Dabbler
Good evening from Edinburgh.

Quick question.... I am currently running plex:

Version 1.12.1.4885

However when I login to the web interface I keep on getting told that version 1.13.2.5154. When I try to update my iocage instance of plex it tells me that I have the most up-to-date version. This has been going on since I rebuilt my plex server on iocage.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

scrappy

Patron
I am currently running plexmediaserver-1.13.0.5023 on my iocage jail using the latest (not quarterly) pkg repo. This is the most up-to-date packaged version available. If you want the most up-to-date version possible you'll have to manually install the makefile directly offered by Plex. Personally, I don't feel it's worth the hassle.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
If you want the most up-to-date version possible you'll have to manually install the makefile directly offered by Plex.
You don't have to do that, switching to latest pkg repo will keep you up to date with the current version.

Current version listed at freshports: 1.13.2.5154
Current version listed at Plex: 1.13.2.5154

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Good evening from Edinburgh.

Quick question.... I am currently running plex:

Version 1.12.1.4885

However when I login to the web interface I keep on getting told that version 1.13.2.5154. When I try to update my iocage instance of plex it tells me that I have the most up-to-date version. This has been going on since I rebuilt my plex server on iocage.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
If you want to switch to the latest pkg repo you have to make a pkg override. Create the file /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and add the contents below, save changes and exit.
Code:
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"
}

Once you've done that run pkg upgrade and it will rebuild the package database and pull all the latest versions of the packages in your jail including Plex.

scrappy

Patron
You don't have to do that, switching to latest pkg repo will keep you up to date with the current version.

Current version listed at freshports: 1.13.2.5154
Current version listed at Plex: 1.13.2.5154

Forgot about the plexpass version being more up-to-date.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Forgot about the plexpass version being more up-to-date.
That's the public version of plex. The port was just updated today, the package shouldn't be too far behind.

metalliqaz

Dabbler
I'm running Plex from the plugin in FreeNAS 9.10. Mine is stuck at 1.12.2.4929. Is the plugin still being updated?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Not until 11.2 is released.

felthamn

Dabbler
I am currently running plexmediaserver-1.13.0.5023 on my iocage jail using the latest (not quarterly) pkg repo. This is the most up-to-date packaged version available. If you want the most up-to-date version possible you'll have to manually install the makefile directly offered by Plex. Personally, I don't feel it's worth the hassle.

The current version is working okay for now. I may have a play about with it over the weekend.

felthamn

Dabbler
If you want to switch to the latest pkg repo you have to make a pkg override. Create the file /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf and add the contents below, save changes and exit.
Code:
FreeBSD: {
  url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest"
}

Once you've done that run pkg upgrade and it will rebuild the package database and pull all the latest versions of the packages in your jail including Plex.

Would I be right in assuming that this is to be done in the iocage instance or Freenas CLI

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This should be done in your plex jail.

felthamn

Dabbler
This should be done in your plex jail.

Thanks again @Jailer It's upgraded but not to the very latest version but as you say It may just tae a while for it to filter down. In the mean time I shall jot down that nugget of information into my ever expanding "blue book of knowledge" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.