Android App to backup photos/video automagically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyofbob

Cadet
Hello,

I've been messing around with FreeNAS 9.1.1 and it's working great.

One thing I'd like to see is an app for android that could take my photos/videos/etc and back them up to the FreeNAS on a schedule. Before the FreeNAS I had a BuffaloNAS that has an app that supposedly does this. It would backup to the NAS whenever your phone was plugged in and on WiFi. Only problem is it would freeze and crash all the time and I never got it to work.

I've googled around a bit before posting this to see if something exists, but everything seems to be a manual script that will copy a folder or something or rsync, etc.

If anyone knows of an app that can do this (paid or free) I'd really appreciate your input. Thanks!

hunter

Explorer
I use this one with my FreeNAS box:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sweesoft.sweethome&hl=en

Use the experimental version at the link, the paid version has some issues. & I recommend deleting pictures from your Android Phone or Tablet manually, whenever I try to use the app's setting to automatically delete the old photos, it tries to recopy them to the FreeNAS box, which is usually after I have edited them on FreeNAS, moved folders, deleted bad pictures, etc.
Think you'll be very happy with this app.

legacyofbob

Cadet
I use this one with my FreeNAS box:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sweesoft.sweethome&hl=en

Use the experimental version at the link, the paid version has some issues. & I recommend deleting pictures from your Android Phone or Tablet manually, whenever I try to use the app's setting to automatically delete the old photos, it tries to recopy them to the FreeNAS box, which is usually after I have edited them on FreeNAS, moved folders, deleted bad pictures, etc.
Think you'll be very happy with this app.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.