Poor man's document scanning to FreeNAS via Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

Patron
Until the day when I can afford an awesome printer/scanner machine that scans documents directly to a network share, I am stuck with my Android phone, a document scanning app and FolderSync Pro.

Currently, CamScanner for Android works pretty well for making quick, legible documents and FolderSync Pro looks for those document files in CamScanner's internal directory, copying them over to FreeNAS as it finds these documents. There are two downsides to this solution. First: CamScanner generates its internal jpeg images with non-human readable filenames consisting of a long string of alphanumeric characters e.g., 3SDFVASre3S9SDrBTCUQ39.jpg. Secondly, I must use a second app (FolderSync Pro) in order to automatically transfer documents to FreeNAS. I can live with this solution as-is, but it would be great to have an all-in-one document scanning app that can automagically transfer scanned documents to FreeNAS via cifs, nfs, or sftp, perhaps using a timestamped naming scheme for scanned documents.

If anybody has been down this road before, or knows of a good scanning solution I would love to hear it.

scrappy

Patron
Looks like Scanbot app for Android will do pretty much what I need. Only downside about it is their SFTP authorization does not work with public key :(

Status
Not open for further replies.