Alternatives to NextCloud

flmmartins

Dabbler
Hello,

I am struggling to install Nextcloud. I spend DAYS to configure it and I realized that:
1. If you add files from Samba share it doesn't synchronize with NextCloud then you need to use occ commands to sync files
2. Although I use a Dataset for data. It's very opinionated. I had to move my files to a specific location inside my dataset (dataset/nextcloud/data or smth like that) and then it works.

I wanted an app where it is flexible enough to recognize when I add a file via Samba share, I can edit and add files my phone and mounts a data volume and it's done.

Do you have recommendations for apps that can do this? Thanks

Last edited:

victort

Guru
Hello,

I am struggling to install Nextcloud. I spend DAYS to configure it and I realized that:
1. If you add files from Samba share it doesn't synchronize with NextCloud then you need to use occ commands to sync files
2. Although I use a Dataset for data. It's very opinionated. I had to move my files to a specific location inside my dataset (dataset/nextcloud/data or smth like that) and then it works.

I wanted an app where it is flexible enough to recognize when I add a file via Samba share, I can edit and add files my phone and mounts a data volume and it's done.

Do you have recommendations for apps that can do this? Thanks
You could mount the same SMB share through Nextcloud using the external storage app. This doesn’t require you to sync.

flmmartins

Dabbler
You could mount the same SMB share through Nextcloud using the external storage app. This doesn’t require you to sync.
Tks for replying, I didn't know it was possible.

It just feels too much having another abstraction layer.

victort

Guru
Tks for replying, I didn't know it was possible.

It just feels too much having another abstraction layer.
Understandable. But since you are using the SMB share anyway, you can just mount it to Nextcloud as well.