All Plex Libraries Empty - Permissions didn't change

Marvin J

Cadet
This evening I noticed that I was unable to access my plex library through any devices including web interface.
  • ALL libraries aren't working with either the empty notice or 'an unexpected error occurred' (1st screenshot)
  • Scanning shows file names. (1st screenshot)
  • Other than attempting to update the plugin, no changes were made directly to the plex jail, or user account.
  • When editing the library folder, plex can see files (2nd screenshot)
  • Mount points look correct (3rd screenshot), and haven't been changed.
  • Permissions didn't change, however I did reapply the permissions recursively (4th screenshot).
  • Versions: TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1 | Plex: 4.76.1 | Plex Plugin: 1.26.2.5797
Any advice?

Attachments

• Image 001.jpg
    Image 001.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Image 002.jpg
    Image 002.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 264
  • Image 003.jpg
    Image 003.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 275
  • Image 004.jpg
    Image 004.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 333

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Other than attempting to update the plugin
Permissions didn't change,
In using the plugin, any kind of update may result in the removal and re-installation of pkgs... those can have permissions in their scripts, so I would suggest that permissions possibly did change.

Also possible would be a change in the rc.d script which may have caused a different user to be the one running plex.

I did reapply the permissions recursively (4th screenshot).
Where did you reapply those? on the media or also on the root of the mount point in the jail? (via chown in the jail)

Marvin J

Cadet
In using the plugin, any kind of update may result in the removal and re-installation of pkgs... those can have permissions in their scripts, so I would suggest that permissions possibly did change.

Also possible would be a change in the rc.d script which may have caused a different user to be the one running plex.
According to a 'ps aux' command the user still shows as 'plex' and a 'id plex' command still shows the id is still 972.
Where did you reapply those? on the media or also on the root of the mount point in the jail? (via chown in the jail)
They were applied via the gui on the entire 'media' dataset.

From the Plex jail's shell, I can see files, and I'm able to create & remove folders.

Attachments

• Image 057.jpg
    Image 057.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 350
Last edited: