After update to 11.1-U6 Email and Update and Bug Report all fail. DNS Issue?

fixit9660

Dabbler
Hi. After recently updating to FreeNAS-11.1-U6 I noticed I'm no longer receiving emails from the FreeNAS. When I test it manually I get an error message: "Your test email could not be sent: [EFAULT] Failed to send email: [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known"
When I go to "Update" and "Check Now" I get the error message : "Update server could not be reached. <urlopen error [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known>. Traceback".
When I go to "support" and try to submit a Bug Report can't because it's insisting on a "Category"selection but the dropdown selection is blank.
Any help appreciated.

Redcoat

MVP
Are your gateway and name servers set (on Network, Global Configuration)?
upload_2018-10-25_13-5-14.png

fixit9660

Dabbler
Now THAT is odd. All the information is there and correct in Network, Global Configuration, however, in Network Summary it says "Nameserver - No nameserver defined". How has that happened?

fixit9660

Dabbler
I went back to the Network, Global Configuration section and clicked on "Save" and the Network Summary now show all 3 DNS servers. Email and Update are now working. Bug Report still fails though but it looks like a different issue.

Redcoat

MVP
Bug Report still fails though but it looks like a different issue.

Do you have a valid Redmine account/pw set up? It won't "offer" me a category unless I have that information entered in in the form fields.

fixit9660

Dabbler
That is EXACTLY the reason, you are good!!! Thank you very much, it's working now.
Thank you for the very prompt and helpful responses!!!

Redcoat

MVP
Error messages?

The big D

Cadet
Your test email could not be sent: [EFAULT] Failed to send email: [Errno 8] hostname nor servname provided, or not known

Redcoat

MVP
Change your default gateway to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever it is, seems to be that) on Network, Global Configuration