SOLVED Advise on bringing disk online

simdim

Explorer
Hi all.
Need some advise:
I had made a mistake of trying ASM1166 it started racking up errors and panicked and took one of the drives offline.
Card removed, waiting for LSI and back to onboard controllers.
Now it sits at

zpool status -LP BigDisk pool: BigDisk state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices has been taken offline by the administrator. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state. action: Online the device using 'zpool online' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'. scan: scrub canceled on Sun Apr 24 17:25:31 2022 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM BigDisk DEGRADED 0 0 0 mirror-0 DEGRADED 0 0 0 /dev/sdf2 ONLINE 0 0 0 /dev/sde2 OFFLINE 0 0 0 errors: No known data errors

I had tried simple things:

root@freenas[~]# zpool labelclear -f /dev/sde failed to clear label for /dev/sde root@freenas[~]# zpool labelclear -f /dev/sde2 root@freenas[~]# zpool online BigDisk /dev/sde2 cannot online /dev/sde2: no such device in pool root@freenas[~]# zpool online BigDisk /dev/sde cannot online /dev/sde: no such device in pool root@freenas[~]# zpool online BigDisk /dev/sde1 cannot online /dev/sde1: no such device in pool root@freenas[~]# zpool online BigDisk /dev/sde cannot online /dev/sde: no such device in pool root@freenas[~]# zpool online BigDisk /dev/sde2 cannot online /dev/sde2: no such device in pool

So at this point all that comes to mind is :

ls /dev/sdc* | xargs -I% wipefs -A % and zpool replace BigDisk /dev/sde /dev/sde
I just do not want to do more damage .... Should I take pool offline while doing this?

Last edited:

Alecmascot

Guru
I would be doing a wipe of the offline disk then a replace, all through the GUI.

simdim

Explorer
Wow, that was straight forward. Resilvering now.
Really appreciated the help.