SOLVED Adjusting Dats sets (beating the ded horse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UF8FF

Dabbler
hey all,

I know this has been absolutely beaten to a pulp but I'd like to avoid ruining my data.

I have different data sets for tv shows, movies, downloads, and incomplete downloads. I would like to 'merge' the downloads and movies without causing issues with plex. Should I create a new dataset (movies_dls) and then 'mv /mnt/pool/Movies /mnt/pool/movies_dls' then do the same for downloads? Or will plex get messed up when I change the movies directory? Should I just move the movies down a directory and then add a downloads folder in /mnt/pool/movies?

Thanks for the help.

Fuganater

Patron
If you move data, Plex will need to re-index and may need to re-download the metadata.

Personally I have a /mnt/Vol1/Videos dataset. Inside of it I break things down with folders. (Kids, Movies, TV Shows, New Videos, Music Videos) New Videos is where all my download clients dump the completed downloads.

UF8FF

Dabbler
If you move data, Plex will need to re-index and may need to re-download the metadata.

Personally I have a /mnt/Vol1/Videos dataset. Inside of it I break things down with folders. (Kids, Movies, TV Shows, New Videos, Music Videos) New Videos is where all my download clients dump the completed downloads.
Will it still be the same library? I only worry because I am sharing with my sisters and parents -- would I need to re-send the shares?

Fuganater

Patron
Will it still be the same library? I only worry because I am sharing with my sisters and parents -- would I need to re-send the shares?
Your libraries will be there but it won't find any data. You will have to repoint each library to the new folder. The library should remain but I am not 100% sure.

UF8FF

Dabbler
It ended up being much easier than I previously expected. I did the following:

zfs rename -p pool/Movies pool/Media/Movies
zfs rename pool/Downloads pool/Media/Downloads

then went to the jails and just pointed the source storages to the right spot and nothing on the jail side needed to be changed at all. It was really easy.

Fuganater

Patron
Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.