Create new dataset and move files from current dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBarker

Contributor
I recently upgraded my server and used the following command to move my system from my old pool to the new one:

zfs send -R OLDPool@snapshot_transfer | zfs receive -Fdu NEWPool

I then installed plex using Cosmo_Kramer's tutorial found here:

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/

Everything appears to be working properly but I have a question regarding a little housekeeping in my system. Currently, I have my media in /mnt/tank/media and have a dataset created with CIFS shares that point to it. Within the media folder I have folders for Movies, Music, Photos, Backups, Downloads, TV Shows and Misc.
What I would like to do is create another dataset in /mnt/tank called "data" and then move the folders labeled Backups, Downloads and Misc to it.

Running Windows 10 to access the WebGUI at this time.

BBarker

Contributor
For that, keep it simple - use either mv, or rsync followed by rm -r.

I used putty to implement the mv command and so far so good. I transferred a few small files to make sure it was working and now am waiting for it to complete the balance of the data.

I replied earlier to a post of yours regarding the excellent help available on this forum by members and posts alike.

Do you know if I can use Cosmo_Kramer's plex tutorial to install SABNZB?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

BBarker

Contributor
You can install sabnzb using this command:

pkg install sabnzbdplua

Here is the freshports page https://www.freshports.org/news/sabnzbdplus/

Interesting.....I created a jail and named it sabnzbd, ran the pkg install from the jail and sabnzb installed, started it but now can not access it over the webGUI using the host address listed for the jail.....192.168.1.3:8080?

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.