Adding NFS share to Windows permission dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jheguy2

Cadet
I recently switched to 100% Linux after my Windows SSD died on me and now I am finally able to run NFS without any native issues. The issue is, I was previously running a CIFS share to my Windows machine and file permissions are working not as they should when I try and export a NFS share to the dataset. I can read from the dataset from all users, however I cannot copy files (for some reason I can run touch 'filename' and files will be created and are able to be written to) to the dataset as any user (even root). I was wondering if it was more practical to just move all files from the dataset to a new Unix permission set one or if there was a way to allow my user write privileges as I have no experience changing Windows permissions from within FreeNAS. As well the UID of my local user is 1000, and the owner of the share on my FreeNAS box is 1001, if that helps. Thank you for any advice!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Resetting permissions to sane defaults should help. Set permissions type to Unix and check "apply default permissions".

Jheguy2

Cadet
Resetting permissions to sane defaults should help. Set permissions type to Unix and check "apply default permissions".

Whenever I try and change the permissions to Unix, the debug log on the webui spams 'chmod permission denied'. The permissions cannot be changed manually as root either. Should this be happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.