Adding Bridge Interface To Freenas Jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

freibuis

Dabbler
ok here is the scenario.

Main network/management Nic. ip:10.0.0.1/24 gw: 10.0.0.254
StorageNetwork Nic ip:10.0.20.1 gw: N/A (isolated network)

our Compute Nodes (vmware/openstack) currently sit on the Storage Network which is isolated from the main network which connects to 40gb switches.

We can get freenas Jails to talk only to the management interface (what ever network has the gateway ).

How can I added bridges to our Jails to talk to the storage network.. Or have the jail default bridge talk to the storage network interface..

If this can happen we will be able to get our compute nodes to communicate to the jails at 4x10GBE speeds instead of 1gb. Having 20 SSD's in a system is great, but the bottle neck on the jails being forced through the default network is a royal pain.

freibuis

Dabbler
yerp!

Read that page like 100 times. I keep thinking i am missing something .

this section to me says you can only have 1

The only time you need to specify an address and mask for the bridge is when you need to configure the jail to be on a different network than the FreeNAS® system. For example, if the FreeNAS® system is on the 10.0.0.0/24 network and the jail needs to be configured for the 192.168.0.0/24 network, set the “IPv4 bridge address” and “IPv4 bridge netmask” fields for the jail.

but I need to add a bridge to the jail so it can see both networks. Storage and Management Networks

What the Jail screen needs is a checkbox against all interfaces you want to bridge width.

how do i go about doing this from cli and have work after reboot?

D

dlavigne

This currently isn't possible from the GUI but, according to the dev, is possible by modifying the jail hook scripts found in a jail's meta directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.