Truenas Scale can't be ping by a vm

alex.8913

Cadet
Hi there, I am currently running Truenas Scale version 22.12.3.3 and i can't ping my truenas system from a vm (Windows Server 2016) that i have created. It gives me host is unreachable. I have tried following this guide https://www.truenas.com/community/t...indows-vm-hosted-by-the-server-itself.101159/ it still won't let me ping after creating a bridge adapter and linking it with the main interface of the truenas system. I am primarily wanting to setup an AD server for testing purposes and want to link my truenas system to it. Both the truenas system and the vm are running on the same network. Only the vm can talk to my gateway that i have for which should be the (9.1 network) or other devices on that network. The truenas system can't talk to either but only can it talk to my other default gateways (0.1 network) and or any other networks that i have on my network.

Edit: After some further testing and removing the bridge i am able to ping the default gateway on the truenas system and only the default gateways i can't ping any other devices on my other networks or in the same network Its the same case for the vm

The steps from the guide
  1. Go To Network / Edit the main Interface (NIC) / Uncheck DHCP or remove the IP from the NIC -> Apply (don't worry it's OK)
  2. In Network Interfaces Click Add to create a bridge
    1. Specify the Type: Bridge
    2. Name: br0 (if it's the first one)
    3. Uncheck DHCP
    4. Select the primary NIC as only member to that bridge
    5. Assign to the bridge the IP formerly owned by the NIC
    6. Apply
  3. Test Network Changes
  4. Important Don't forget to save changes
  5. Click on Virtualization
    1. Select VM
      1. Device / NIC Edit