add storage to iocage jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

INCSlayer

Contributor
Im trying out the new iocage system in the new UI on 11.1 but i cant figure out how to add storage to the jail since im not finding any add storage button im guessing its not yet implemented in the new GUI but my google fu is also failing at how i would do this via the CLI.
this is on a test machine so borking it is not a problem but i have yet to find a actual solution for how to do this.
anyone have any simple answers or atleast documentation i can read and pretend i understand?

Kennyvb8

Contributor
using cli you can do this
Code:
sudo iocage fstab -a /path/to/host/disk nameofjail

it then creates a fstab to the jail, inside the jail
Code:
sudo iocage console nameofjail
you can then type
Code:
zfs mount -a
if it doesnt mount correctly.

you can then also, edit the fstab and change where in the jail the mount should be
Code:
sudo iocage fstab -e nameofjail

nojohnny101

Wizard
I'm also curious about this. Thanks @Kennyvb8 for your instructions but I am running into some problems the running them.

when I try to run the first command, I get an error that says:
Code:
jail '/mnt/tank/convert' not found!

I have created a fresh dataset on my pool with the above path. What am I doing wrong? Also what should permissions be to make sure the jail can have r/w access?

Kennyvb8

Contributor
I'm also curious about this. Thanks @Kennyvb8 for your instructions but I am running into some problems the running them.

when I try to run the first command, I get an error that says:
Code:
jail '/mnt/tank/convert' not found!

I have created a fresh dataset on my pool with the above path. What am I doing wrong? Also what should permissions be to make sure the jail can have r/w access?

Could you type in code brackets what command your typeing ?

Alecmascot

Guru
The command should be :

sudo iocage fstab -a nameofjail /path/to/host/disk

The jail and path were transposed in the earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.