AD Auth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave2453

Dabbler
Hi,
I was trying to join my FreeNAS (11.1u4) to the domain and was able to do everything fine. I could auth with domain credentials to my SMB share and restart the server and everything would come back up. However, I noticed when it would come back up I would get this error during boot:

{'desc': 'Strong(er) authentication required', 'info': '00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C090257, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0, v2580'}

Everything came up fine though so I paid it no mind. Then I added a password to my encrypted drive volume. All of a sudden I can't turn on ad because of the error about. Every time I got to enable AD it fails with that error. Everything worked fine until I turned on a password for my encrypted drives and rebooted.

Does anyone have advice on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

wave2453

Dabbler
Just to add on I reverted back to a snapshot I had taken earlier of the server without the password and it stood up in AD fine.

D

dlavigne

To clarify, that error is only reproducible when the volume has a password? If so, please reproduce, create a debug, then create a ticket at bugs.freenas.org with the debug attached (which will hide the ticket).

Status
Not open for further replies.