Joined AD but cannot change to a created service account

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernsky

Explorer
Hello,

I wanted to see if someone could tell me what kind of permissions the Domain account name needs for it to work with the Active Directory connection. I was able to get it to work using my own account for testing purposes. Now that it works I created a service account on the domain and tried to connect and it fails. The service account has domain user rights and is not working. I even gave it domain admin rights and it is still not working.

I get this error:
{'desc': 'Invalid credentials', 'info': '80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09042F, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v2580'}

I was able to login as that account on the domain so I know it works within our environment.

upload_2018-3-27_10-39-18.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - Scott

northernsky

Explorer
Are you sure? As I said above I did just that and it still bombed on me. I also read the documentation before I created this post so I know what it says. ;)

are there more permissions that it needs other than DA?

I'm trying to give it the least amount of permissions as possible so I am not giving up security if that makes any sense.

northernsky

Explorer
Hello - I'm still having issues so I was wondering if anyone has set up a service account for this and what permissions did you give for it to work. mOnkey is right but there are many types of admin permissions in AD.

Thanks!

JohnL7

Dabbler
If the service is enabled, it may not let you change credentials. I believe I had to uncheck Enable, save, verify by switching tabs and coming back that is was indeed disabled, then i was able to enter new credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.