Active Directory joined FreeNAS, boot behaviour if PDC is down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
I'm having some minor problems with a Freenas (FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 (e1497f269)) joined to an Active Directory Domain offered by a Windows Server 2012 R2.

What happens is that during boot, if the domain controller is not up (for example installing updates), FreeNAS waits for the domain controller for about 5 minutes, then it completes the boot not joined anymore to the domain.
So since then, doesn't matter if I reboot the FreeNas with the domain controller up and running, the FreeNAS is not joined anymore to the domain.
Not so bad cause I just needs to flag "Activate" in the the Directory Service/Active Directory page, to make it working again.

Never the less, I would like to have a system which doesn't need external intervention in this scenario, otherwise my customers will make my phone to ring too much :)

Is there a way to tell FreeNAS to wait indefinitely at boot, until the Domain Controller is available?
Otherwise, is there a way to tell FreeNAS to continue to check for the domain controller presence, and then if present, reconnect to it?

In my opinion, the perfect behavior should be as follows:
At boot the Freenas check for the domain controller for some minutes, let's say 5 to 10.
Then, if the domain controller doesn't shoes up, FreeNas should continue to boot, periodically checking fo the domain controller, and when present, connects to it.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

tvsjr

Guru
Good... I have the same issue, since my FN is providing NFS service to my vSphere cluster, where my DCs run! Chicken and egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.