SOLVED Acronis will not connect to network volume in FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Hi,
New to FreeNAS but the problem I have is I have set up a volume in NAS called backup, allowed permissions and routes etc for my Acronis backup. Set up a new ftp connection in Acronis and test connection with success. I then try to do a backup and all I get is...access to folder is denied! Have no idea what I am doing wrong as all my other network accesses are working ok. Any help or advice would be greatly accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artion

Patron
Could you please be more accurate? What version of FN you are using? What services (ex. SMB/CIFS or FTP) and with what options (ex. permissions, etc.) you set up? This way someone can help you.

chris crude

Patron
Hi,
New to freenas but the problem i have is i have setup a volume in NAS called backup, allowed permissions and routes ect for my Acronis backup. Setup a new ftp connection in acronis and test connection with sucess. I then try to do a backup and all i get is...access to folder is denied! Have no idea wot im doing wrong as all my other network accesses are working ok. Any help or advice would be greatly accepted.
Any reason you must use FTP and not SMB/NFS? Might be easier to map the shared volume then backup.

Last edited:

Steve Hicks

Cadet
Hi, Thanks for the reply, No idea why but Acronis pops up ftp as 1st network option by default! Never occured to me to use SMB as never did it that way before.
Thanks
All working great now!

Artion

Patron
Is this issue solved? Consider editig the post and adding as Solved...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.