Access NextCloud files

asuresh5

Cadet
I have instance of Nextcloud setup as a plugin inside of TrueNAS CORE. Everything works and I am able to upload files, however I want to map a file location on my laptop so that I can save a item inside and it automatically appears inside of Nextcloud, but I am unable to locate the folder in which this data is stored within. Any help would be appreciated

danb35

Hall of Famer
That sounds like what you'd use the Nextcloud client to do. Save a file to the Nextcloud folder on your laptop, and it syncs with the server.

asuresh5

Cadet
That sounds like what you'd use the Nextcloud client to do. Save a file to the Nextcloud folder on your laptop, and it syncs with the server.
Just found that out, however I first want to try adding it to the folder. I achieved this with Plex and it works just fine. An update- I have found the location of my files, however in nextcloud when I try to create a new folder or file it wont let me and keeps giving me an error "no such user". I think this is due to a lack of permissions in the ACL. Do you know what user id nextcloud has. I cant seem to find it within the shell.

garm

Wizard
"Nextcloud is not the droid you're looking for" - Ben Kenobi, probably
Or at least if you do not intend to use it..

danb35

Hall of Famer
Pretty much. Nextcloud doesn't support, without additional extensions and configuration, files being added to its data directories that it didn't put there.
however I first want to try adding it to the folder. I achieved this with Plex and it works just fine.
It shouldn't be even remotely surprising that two completely different pieces of software, from different developers, behave differently.