SOLVED Access Denied on CIFS Share After sAMAccountName Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvoyek-ou

Cadet
Hi,

I have a CIFS share that a user has been able to successfully access until now. Their Username was changed and now they can no longer access the share. I have clicked the "Rebuild..." button under the Active Directory settings but that has not corrected the issue. I see the new username when issuing the wbinfo -u command in a terminal. I also see the new user doing a net ads user info username command. I've also tested trying to connect to the share from a new computer that the user has never signed-in to. Is there somewhere else that caches the old username? Logs I can look at that may give me more info on the issue? I'd really like any help I can get. I'm at a real loss here. I can't figure out why it's not working.

Thanks.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,

I have a CIFS share that a user has been able to successfully access until now. Their Username was changed and now they can no longer access the share. I have clicked the "Rebuild..." button under the Active Directory settings but that has not corrected the issue. I see the new username when issuing the wbinfo -u command in a terminal. I also see the new user doing a net ads user info username command. I've also tested trying to connect to the share from a new computer that the user has never signed-in to. Is there somewhere else that caches the old username? Logs I can look at that may give me more info on the issue? I'd really like any help I can get. I'm at a real loss here. I can't figure out why it's not working.

Thanks.

Try typing the following from the command line net cache flush

wvoyek-ou

Cadet
I've entered that command on the terminal. The user has left for the day so I'll need to wait until the morning to see if it worked. I'll post back here with the results. Thanks for your help.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I've entered that command on the terminal. The user has left for the day so I'll need to wait until the morning to see if it worked. I'll post back here with the results. Thanks for your help.

If that doesn't work, try the following procedure:
Code:
service samba_server stop
rm /var/db/samba4/winbindd_cache*
service samba_server start
net cache flush

This clears out samba's internal cache with the hammer of thor.

wvoyek-ou

Cadet
Thanks, anodos that looks like it did it. Everything is working again. I'm going to stick this in my notes since I'm sure this won't be the last time I'll need to do a sAMAccountName change.

Status
Not open for further replies.