A new message with 11.1-RC1 and now 11.1, 11.1-U1, 11.1-U2, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

g---man

Cadet
sorry about that, it was downloading the whole page, obviously that's useless here since we just need the code from that 1 file, here's the magic

Code:
cd /usr/local/etc/consul-checks/
rm freenas*
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freenas/freenas/8175ddd35c189c43c47a51e42a1353e96d9ac2cb/src/freenas/usr/local/etc/consul-checks/freenas_health.sh
chmod a+x freenas_health.sh

Thanks, problem solved.

If anyone still questioning solution, here is the diff between old and new files:

root@freenas:/usr/local/etc/consul-checks # diff freenas_health.sh.backup freenas_health.sh
14a15,17
> if [ -z $line ] ; then
> continue
> fi
17c20
< continue
---
> continue
root@freenas:/usr/local/etc/consul-checks #

So nothing malicious here.

Chronic

Cadet
Code:
rm freenas*
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/freenas/freenas/8175ddd35c189c43c47a51e42a1353e96d9ac2cb/src/freenas/usr/local/etc/consul-checks/freenas_health.sh
Just tried this on my U1 (not a fresh install) and it's still spamming. The sh-file IS changed but that doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. :(

Last edited:

phlmike18

Cadet
I used this fix:
Code:
rm freenas*

And it works, except does not survive a reboot. I looked at the redmine bug report but I don't see an answer and it looks like it won't be out until FreeNAS 11.2. If it is as simple as a fixed script why can't it make the next release which looks like 11.1-U2 in 12 days... So we have to wait 90 days to get this fixed.

Unless this isn't a fix just a bandaid.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Do you you know why?
Why it works or why it doesn't survive a reboot?
It doesn't survive a reboot because the file in question is not intended to be user modifiable and is therefore reloaded from a static image when the system is booted. You are only able to modify it at all because it is available to the system during run-time. The changes are discarded when the system is shutdown and a fresh (from the image) version of the file is loaded during the boot process. Many of the files that are not meant to be tampered with work that way.

Faluzure

Explorer
I used this fix:
Code:
rm freenas*

And it works, except does not survive a reboot. I looked at the redmine bug report but I don't see an answer and it looks like it won't be out until FreeNAS 11.2. If it is as simple as a fixed script why can't it make the next release which looks like 11.1-U2 in 12 days... So we have to wait 90 days to get this fixed.

Unless this isn't a fix just a bandaid.

Well 11.1-U2 is out and it's still not resolved. Doing some digging on the forums, user Redcoat stated this fix is now slated for 11.2: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ystem-is-in-warning-status.59766/#post-439760

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Faluzure

Explorer
Did you upgrade? I did. I am using 11.1-U2 and I have no problems, none at all.
I have only heard some complaints about the New UI. I don't have a problem with that because I don't use it.

Hello, I did upgrade and am running 11.1-U2. Overall, it's functioning exactly like the previous version but I still have those errors. in regards to 'freenas_health' is now warning. I don't mind it at all, was just updating this thread. Apparently what Redcoat says is true, as this bug shows the target version is now 11.2: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26355

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Hello, I did upgrade and am running 11.1-U2. Overall, it's functioning exactly like the previous version but I still have those errors. in regards to 'freenas_health' is now warning. I don't mind it at all, was just updating this thread. Apparently what Redcoat says is true, as this bug shows the target version is now 11.2: https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/26355
That is odd because I have not seen the error message since the upgrade.

Skyfox

Explorer
I have upgraded to 11.1-U2 and am also still getting the message, have spoken to at least one other is still receiving the error.

Faluzure

Explorer
That is odd because I have not seen the error message since the upgrade.
Yeah. Like I said, it's not a big deal and it's not a show-stopper. But like other people, it's alarming to see your logs spam you with the same message over & over, even if it is cosmetic. I'll just wait until 11.2 and cross my fingers it's fixed.

I have upgraded to 11.1-U2 and am also still getting the message, have spoken to at least one other is still receiving the error.
Count me as the 3rd getting the error.

Redcoat

MVP
Something to try - run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/midclt call notifier.get_alerts
and see what's causing the "alarms". Maybe they are not "errors".

Skyfox

Explorer
Something to try - run
Code:
/usr/local/bin/midclt call notifier.get_alerts
and see what's causing the "alarms". Maybe they are not "errors".
Just the warning for being over 80% use of space. (it's at 84%)

Redcoat

MVP
So, in your case, that's not "an error". Similarly I had the warning when (a) an update was available and (b) because I had not updated the ZFS feature flags - satisfy those two, warning gone.

From the bug report I infer that the warning may not disappear if such items are present, but that it may indicate what they are.

Skyfox

Explorer
A fair point, but as far as I know it was not a new feature to have it spam logs every 2 minutes if there is an alert, so I'm still inclined to see this as an error. I'll work on getting my storage down to 80% and see if that removes the message.

TFAiSO

Dabbler
I want to put it out there that I was able to upgrade (via GUI) from 9.10.2-U6 to 11.1-RC1 without a hitch. But I also have this wonderful non-warning warning in /var/log/messages ... every two minutes. Otherwise, brilliant that the upgrade worked and looking forward to the real release Release and subsequent 11.2 with iocage via GUI.

I am also getting the same error message from consul, giving me a health warning. The health icon in the GUI, top-right, is flashing red. In the login console, I see CBB error for /dev/da0. I just did a smartctl long self-test on /dev/da0 and it says nothing is wrong with my hard drive. What could this be? I'm running FreeNAS-11.1-U1 fresh install, and the consul runs here for sure.

I have just done the fix wgetting the new file, and no more error messages. :)

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
The health icon in the GUI, top-right, is flashing red.
Then the system thinks you've got a problem. What message do you get if you click on the health icon?

Faluzure

Explorer
I know U4 came out the other day. Just letting everyone know that the error is now gone since upgrading to U4.

Status
Not open for further replies.