8.0.0 to 8.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhawk312

Dabbler
I plan on upgrading from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 but I noticed on the release notes that this can ONLY be done from the CD or by saving the current config and restoring it after reinstalling the newer version.

I just started using FreeNAS during some of the 8.0 betas so I am still leaning about it. But, what are the chances of data loss from upgrading? Is there a manual somewhere that goes through the CD-upgrade process (I searched but couldn't find it and I really don't wanna upgrade only to find out I selected something that made my data inaccessible)?

The only reason I am even considering upgrading is because a couple of my W7 machines will randomly loss access to the NAS. The only way to restore access is by restarting the NAS and the clients. Other than this issue my FreeNAS setup has been brilliant.

Thanks in advance!

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
No data loss is expected whatsoever... Just the data in the USB key will be updated

This is very straightforward, simply put the CD and choose upgrade option...

Tekkie

Patron
The no data 'loss' should be clarified to mean any data on your data drives, however 'custom' boot parameters etc. will be lost. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.