upgrade 8 to 8.0.1 rc2 fail ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

timx4

Cadet
I have 2gb usb running 8.0 and want to upgrade to 8.0.1 rc2 from cd, and it keeps failing. After upgrade, it boots to command #... Help !!!.. Thn***...

G

gcooper

The upgrade is hosed. The best way to save the configuration (if you can), and redo the flash from scratch.

It would be nice to know what version of 8.0 you upgraded from though so we could fix the migration scripts (if they're broken).

timx4

Cadet
upgrading from FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-i386 (os version: FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE-p1) to 8.0.1 rc2 ... Trying to get external USB NTFS drive to be recognized as another volume or drive.... I tried install from 8.0.1 RC2 cd made from downloaded ISO and still get same result.. Thnx

G

gcooper

Can you post some screenshots so we can analyze the issue and try and resolve your problem?

ProtoSD

MVP
@timx4

It would be nice if you could get your upgrade to work, but just so you don't get the wrong expectations, the NTFS import still doesn't work yet. There's another thread around here about it and I have a ticket open for it also. If you do get your upgrade to work, take a look at the 'Unofficial FAQ' in my signature. There's a question in there about mounting NTFS from the command line that should work and let you copy your stuff.

EDIT: Here's the link to the other thread about importing NTFS.
Cannot-Import-Volume-External-Drive-(NTFS)

timx4

Cadet
gcooper....thanks for your respond, and since RC2 not resolving NTFS import, I will wait for next final version. I had spent many hours trying to upgrade and lost my important data on one of my usb becuz of this, so i'm good for now.... concentrate on one thing and forget about other things...

protosd...thnx for your info...

Status
Not open for further replies.