I need to build 300TB NAS Storage for IP Camera system, I have plan to have 36 Disk x 10TB with RAID-Z3 I not sure FreeNAS can support this?
CPU is E5-2640v4, RAM 256GB
I need to build 300TB NAS Storage for IP Camera system, I have plan to have 36 Disk x 10TB with RAID-Z3 I not sure FreeNAS can support this?
CPU is E5-2640v4, RAM 256GB
Can I use RAID-Z1? In my understand if I choose RAID-Z1 in each vdevs can have 1 disk failed in each vdevs right? Or only RAID-Z2 and RAID-Z3 I can choose.
Can I use RAID-Z1? In my understand if I choose RAID-Z1 in each vdevs can have 1 disk failed in each vdevs right? Or only RAID-Z2 and RAID-Z3 I can choose.
I would STRONGLY urge you to not use RAIDZ1 with 10TB disks.
As SweetAndLow said, it's doubtful you would survive a resilver of one of the VDev's when a disk fails.
In fact, I would put the odds at 50/50.
And if it didn't survive, you just lost the VDev, which means you just lost the entire pool.
Do yourself a big favor and use RAIDZ2.
Here is a handy calculator to help you get an idea of the usable space you will have with certain layouts: http://wintelguy.com/zfs-calc.pl