3 beeps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded from ver 8 to the newest ver 9.1...

I am getting random frequent beeps from the pc speaker while files are being transferred. most of the time its 3 beeps, but also 1 and 2 beeps.

The alert windows says everything is green and healthy.

Where are the settings for the beep anyway?

warri

Guru
I don't think you can configure any beeping. Maybe it's your mainboard?

I don't think you can configure any beeping. Maybe it's your mainboard?

The beeping started after the upgrade to 9.1....i has never beeped until now...

It is a re-purposed desktop...and Asus M4a(something) MB....Phenom II x3 cpu 6gb ram....

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There is no speaker.ko installed. So its a board related thing.

There is no speaker.ko installed. So its a board related thing.

ummm....ok...so why would it randomly beep then?....only time it is supposed to beep is during post...its not an overheat beep..(that is a continuous tone and it shuts the system down) and like I said..it never beeped before I upgraded freenas.....on ver 8..it did beep once the os was booted up...

Asus M4A785-M

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's a good question... and I don't have the answer. But if you check /dev you won't find a /dev/speaker or /dev/spkr(I forget which it is).

Maybe your hardware is failing or your board isn't fully compatible with FreeBSD 9. Just about any guess is as good as mine.

That's a good question... and I don't have the answer. But if you check /dev you won't find a /dev/speaker or /dev/spkr(I forget which it is).

Maybe your hardware is failing or your board isn't fully compatible with FreeBSD 9. Just about any guess is as good as mine.

well...i have no way of knowing i guess....freenas does not report any issues...guess I will just have to rip off the pc speaker then...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.