13.0-U1 PRERELEASE Announcement

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
TrueNAS Community,

For our adventurous tester community, I'm happy to announce that 13.0-U1 is just around the corner, slated for the end of the month.

We've pushed some INTERNAL pre-release images for those who want to give it a spin:

If you are going the update route, you will need to update from a 12.0-U(x) system. Updating from 13.0-RELEASE will be seen as a downgrade and not allowed, something we're working to fix in the background here.

As always, let us know any feedback if there are issues found over the next couple weeks.

Heracles

Wizard
URL are still written as FreeNAS.org ??

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I think he was asking because both links are a 404 on this end.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
I think he was asking because both links are a 404 on this end.
Ahh, well that helps me a lot! I forgot to sync to CDN, sorry about that. Will be fixed in a bit.

Volts

Patron
What expectations should we have about nightlies/-MASTER?

Are any of these true?
  • They're no longer being produced following -RELEASE
    • (migrate to normal builds (or special announcements like this one))
  • They're working fine! (but not passing CI, so stop asking)
  • They're broken, and will be fixed
  • They're broken, but won't be fixed
  • They'll be produced occasionally when relevant
    • (one might appear tonight, to match this announcement?)
  • The person responsible for nightlies is on vacation
No worries, just curious what action to take.
I never changed from the last nightly to -RELEASE assuming they'd start back up.

Last edited:

Volts

Patron
I haven't investigated in depth yet, but something is funky for me with these images.

The system boots and everything already configured operates correctly. Pools are imported and functional.

But disks don't appear to be detected by the middleware and aren't available for selection anywhere (?) in the web UI.

Storage -> Disks: is empty
Storage -> Pools -> [Pool] -> Status -> [Disk] -> Edit: doesn't load
Tasks -> S.M.A.R.T. Test: Disks Is empty

If relevant, this is a crusty old system booted in BIOS mode (not UEFI). I will do more follow-up and open tickets this weekend.

hervon

Patron
Updated from 13.0 RC1. Went back to 12.0 U8 as requested above then manually upgraded. Everything so far works fine : SMB, Google Cloud Tasks, Jails (miniDLNA, urbackup, plex, qBittorent).

I have the same issue as Volts:

Storage -> Disks: I only see the Sata Dom boot drive
Storage -> Pools -> [Pool] -> Status -> [Disk] -> Edit: doesn't load (but I can see all the drives)
Tasks -> S.M.A.R.T. Test: Disks Is empty

Happens with different browsers. I see nothing particular in the main log.

hervon

Patron
Issues revolved back on TrueNAS-13.0-RELEASE on June 26th. Updated in the GUI. Waiting for U1.

Last edited:

jlpellet

Patron
Since 13U1 was scheduled for 6/18 release but is not yet available, is there any update to release schedule? I'm stuck on last 12 due to archive attribute bug in 13.0. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

due to archive attribute bug in 13.0
I can't find this bug report or ticket in the iXsystems Jira. Is there a link?

EDIT: I can't find anything in the Jira. Looks like it's due to the scheduled maintenance / migration? :tongue:

speedtriple

Explorer
Had some problem with the Core 13.0 release a month ago, it did shut down and would not be able to restart.
Seemed like LSI-card-drivers did not work for my ESXi-virtualized TrueNAS, reverted back to 12.0-U8.1.
Will this 13.0-U1 fix this driver problem?

Attachments

• Bilde3.jpg
    Bilde3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 125

speedtriple

Explorer
Had some problem with the Core 13.0 release a month ago, it did shut down and would not be able to restart.
Seemed like LSI-card-drivers did not work for my ESXi-virtualized TrueNAS, reverted back to 12.0-U8.1.
Will this 13.0-U1 fix this driver problem?
Tried the 13.0-U1. Worked for half a day, then same problem occured and this time it was impossible to recover/reboot - even into 12.0-U8.1.
Assume a clean install may fix my ESXi problems with 13.0.

So as I had to make a total recovery/setup of the Truenas from scratch, I installed latest TrueNAS SCALE instead - uploaded Core config-file - and then everything works again just as it used to with Core.