11.3U5 - > 12.1 Disk Errors? Importanting disks after every reboot

gwaitsi

Patron
Since upgrading to 12.x I am getting what looks like to be a load of errors on boot for all drives. Is this normal, or something I need to take care of?

Why does it keep saying importing the pools, when I have been using this in 11.3U2-5 without these messages. I note, these messages appear on the 3 disks (pools) and also the swap.

Notably:
GEOM_ELI: Device ada1p1.eli destroyed
GEOM_MIRROR: Device mirror/swap0 launched
GEOM_ELI: Encryption: AES-XTS 128
GEOM_ELI: Crypto: hardware

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210308_201152.png
    Screenshot_20210308_201152.png
    788.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

ThreeDee

Guru
maybe this thread will help?

gwaitsi

Patron
maybe this thread will help?
doesn't make any sense, because i never had encrypted pools.

ThreeDee

Guru
hmm.. saw the GEOM-ELI entries .. my bad
p.s. FFS what is this "my bad" sh.t i keep hearing from everyone these days. since when is this bloody english
"my mistake" ... better?:wink:

.. and since when is english bloody?.. mate?
(Consolidated)

Last edited:

gwaitsi

Patron
ada1 is the data pool (1 pool = 1 disk on my system).
I don't understand this, because it goes through this same import routine on every reboot.

I first installed 11.3U2 and progressively upgraded to 11.3U5 without problems. No encryption used.
So I don't understand why this would be, given I never set it up and wouldn't have a decryption key if it is encrypted.

Now you make me very nervous. I was never comfortable with not having the data on a USB backup in my fire safe.
Now I have a replicated pool in the same housing, so I have no disaster recovery and even worse,
if something goes wrong on one disk, it is replicated to the other.

Seems to me, moving from OMV to FreeNAS was a major step backwards in terms of disaster recovery. I previously rsync the online backup, and weekly stuck in the USB backup which automatically rsync'd that for fire safe storage.

p.s. FFS what is this "my bad" sh.t i keep hearing from everyone these days. since when is this bloody english

gwaitsi

Patron
"my mistake" ... better?:wink:

.. and since when is english bloody?.. mate?
let's not detract from why i am getting all these strange messages on boot since upgrading. I only posted the one, but it is all three pools. 1) data 2) surveillance 3) backup