11.3 -> 12 Update disk I/O error trying to upgrade

kylmp

Cadet
Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.11.08 PM.png

Hi all, I am updating to truenas 12 from 11.3-U3.2 but after it downloaded the ISO, it fails here. Does someone know how I can further debug this? Never seen any issues with my disks currently until, well this.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
That can happen if your boot pool is close to full... maybe check that under System | Boot

kylmp

Cadet

kylmp

Cadet
Well another update at this point I am at a loss, this system is un-upgradeable.

I took out the new SSD I bought (and SATA m.2 PCIe board I am using) and plugged it into a different computer. I then installed freenas onto the SSD. I could then successfully booted into freenas on that machine. I took out the SSD I installed it on and moved it back into my server. Tried to boot up into freenas on the server with that same SSD that could boot on my other machine, and I still ended up getting the "stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b: movq" error from the link above.

sretalla