11.2 GUI Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparx

Contributor
Sorry if doubleposted. But couldnt find a trouble report for this.
My dashboard reports for memory usage, cpu temperature and disk temperature all report 0 degrees/GB as current. History shows correct for memory use and cpu temp.

System installed on 11.2 Beta1 and upgraded.

Ul5xMSg.jpg

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I do think this has been fixed for Beta3, but I'm not sure.

Brezlord

Contributor
Still got the same issue on my system on beta3 also SMART not working with NVMe drives, no temps reported in the GUI for NVMe drives.

Brezlord

Contributor
I still have this issue as well on RC1

Sparx

Contributor
For me aswell. The dips are still there in current data. But the disk temps are fixed for me now! Great! =)

Brezlord

Contributor
smartctl is still not working with NMVe drives when using smartctl -a /dev/nvd0. The NVMe drive shows in the GUI as nvd0. When you run smartctl -a /dev/nvme0 it work as expected. This needs to be fixed because clicking on the NVMe disk in the GUI brakes SMART and you have to restart SMART for it to start working again.

Should I raise a bug report or am I wrong here.

enemy85

Guru
Just upgraded 11.1-U6 -> 11.2 RC1
From my GUI dashboard:

- no cpu temp data

EDIT: after 15min it started to work, but a bit different from the OP, just the very last part of the report is always 0 (as expected to be i guess)

Last edited:

giftmusic

Cadet
I can also confirm this same problem. No cpu temp data, and poor NIC bandwidth!

kdragon75

Wizard
Also looks like you have the same artifacting on the graph that everyone else has but iX told me I was imagining. That little spike and subsequent dip seem proportional to the rate of change. My guess is that's it part of the "smoothing".
upload_2018-10-28_17-27-51.png

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer

kdragon75

Wizard
I see a glitch in the disk section when I want to access individual disk's data like temperature:

https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/55053
*RANT* I like how this was pushed to 11.2U1. I don't expect things to be perfect and I know most of the devs are working quite hard but I don't understand the the need to push out a "final" product on a set day. It just seems like a bad idea. You get rushed work, dont address all the issues you should and deliver a lesser product. Just take you time and get it right. Do the testing, find the bugs, fix them, have a second or third or fourth RC and don't push incomplete work *cough* CORRAL *cough* as a finished and production ready product.

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Corral ... :smile:

Agreed.
Patrick

rudyamid

Cadet
Installed 11.2RC1 and cpu temp monitor/report is not working. I have a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H motherboard with the new AMD Athlon 200GE (AM4).

Amsoil_Jim

Contributor
Same here
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.28.38 AM.png

TurretGaming

Cadet
same issue here on the final release. at first all my data was reporting correct except the cpu temp which i thought was weird cause in 11.1 it could read it just fine. but now nothing shows up. the graphs forever do the loading animation and nothing else. Its kinda sad. and when i use the legacy ui it it was the same thing. at first it was all there except cpu temp then poof its all gone. are they working on a fix cause at this point its a know bug and needs to be addressed before it affects more users.

Status
Not open for further replies.