ZPool offline

glenb

Cadet
i had two disks on a Z1 pool go offline at once due to a power splitter coming adrift in the case. ( not sure how that happens in a sealed case ! IT gremlins ?)
anyway that is now rectified. The BIOS sees the drives but Zpool status is offline in the dashboard. status "unknown" in the Zpool section of the UI and all the disks that were in that pool are showing as status "unused"

can i import the disks back ?

any thoughts on how to proceed ? Should i disconnect the pool and try an "import"

if it's unrecoverable i can easily recreate the Pool and start again. it's only a backup of a backup. ( i run Rsync tasks agans myprimary NAS nightly) but it will be a pain to copy a few terrabyte of data over again.

glenb

Cadet
UPDATE:

It seems that even though the BIOS sees all my disks two of them are not showing up in FreeNAS.

The are not even present in /dev.

so this looks to be a more fundamental issue than the Zpool

sretalla