Zil or L2ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I would think they would do better selling support to people using the TrueNAS software than limiting themselves to the hardware they sell.
I work at an organization where we just put a contract out to purchase a new server with 60 x 12TB drives. I tried hard to give the business to iXsystems and they just wouldn't quote me on anything close to the hardware I wanted. They wanted to sell me a $120k worth of hardware and support contracts. It looks like we will be getting this new server for around $40k from someone else. I feel bad that they are trying to be in the same ballpark as Dell and HP because I don't want to be in that space.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
If it's helpful for OP, I'm using FreeNAS for a shared storage solution for a 2 node (VMware) cluster, hand full of VMs that are under utalized, and it's fibre channel connected via dual fabric 4GB.

If it's helpful, here's numbers I just ran for funzies that might show you can easiy reach you performance objective with the right equipment and config:
Great share. Thanks

kdragon75

Wizard

warllo

Contributor
Thanks you for all your replies and advice. Regrettably I was out number on this decision and the decision has been made to purchase and IBM SAN. Thanks again for all your time and support.

sfcredfox

Patron
Thanks you for all your replies and advice. Regrettably I was out number on this decision and the decision has been made to purchase and IBM SAN. Thanks again for all your time and support.
Off topic:
Which one and ball park price for rough specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.