Zigbee2mqtt dongle

tuedler

Cadet
Hello,
a few days ago i made my first steps with FreeNAS (version 11.2-U4.1) and stet up my private storage solution.
The storage solution is working fine but now i want to set-up my smart home control (iobroker combined with zigbee2mqtt) on the same machine.
Now i have a problem with the detection of the cc2531 usb dongle.
I flashed the new firmware on the cc2531 and tested it on a raspberry pi.
The raspberry detects the device and under /dev a ttyACM0 appears.
After it i plugged the device in my FreeNAS machine and under /dev no ttyACM0 or another device appears.
I thing it is a missing kernel driver for the device support.
How can i find out which driver is missing and how can i load it at my FreeNAS?
Here the output of the dmesg:

Code:
ugen0.2: <Texas Instruments TI CC2531 USB CDC> at usbus0
umodem0 on uhub0
umodem0: <Texas Instruments TI CC2531 USB CDC, class 2/0, rev 2.00/0.09, addr 1> on usbus0
umodem0: data interface 1, has no CM over data, has no break

and the output of the usbconfig:
Code:
ugen0.1: <0x8086 XHCI root HUB> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=SUPER (5.0Gbps) pwr=SAVE (0mA)
ugen0.2: <Texas Instruments TI CC2531 USB CDC> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (50mA)

D

dlavigne

Was the pi running FreeBSD or another OS?

Why do you want to run the control from your FreeNAS system?

netamego

Dabbler
Hi tuedler,

I am also very interested in plug a cc2531 usb dongle to my Freenas and install zigbee2mqtt in my Home Assistant jail and begin to add zigbee devices without propietary gateways.

As i understand in your post, the cc2531 is seen as ugen0.2 and that's the device name that's needs to be passtrought to the jail or docker. Right?. Could you please give me a feedback about the process?. It's possible? Very complicated?.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

netamego

Dabbler
Reactions: CFC

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator

markai

Cadet
It was removed by the author as being outdated.
But is there anybody that can tell me how to set up TrueNAS in order to find the CC2531 usb dongle? My hope was that this link gives further information.

My problem is that dmesg tells
Code:
ugen0.2: <Texas Instruments CC2531 USB Dongle> at usbus0

and I cannot find something like /dev/ttyACM0 which seems to be neccessary that zigbee2mqtt can access the dongle, as I understood.

sretalla