ZFS2, Pretty Sure I have 2 Failed HDDs, Encrypted Vol Failed to Unlock. Just exactly how F'd am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanPrs

Explorer
Deep breathhhhh

Yea I have backups :)

But it's going to cost me a bit to retrieve them and you know, I rather just try and resolve this if I can.

Configuration:

• FreeNAS 11.1-U4
  • 5x 3T Seagate NAS Drives
  • ZFS2 Volume

I had one drive fail last month and while I got it shipped I was still able to access my data. As I was ready to resilver it, I rebooted aaaaand I was then unable to mount the volume. Noticed that now only 3 of the drives show in the "View Disks" menu. Fun!!

Trying to unlock the volume gives the failed message. In the console however, shows:
Code:
"Failed with: cannot import 'vol01' : no such pool or dataset" 

What do?

Last edited:

Stux

MVP
If you are actually using RaidZ2 you should be okay.

But you’re using encryption. So I don’t know.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Deep breathhhhh

Yea I have backups :)

But it's going to cost me a bit to retrieve them and you know, I rather just try and resolve this if I can.

Configuration:

• FreeNAS 11.1-U4
  • 5x 3T Seagate NAS Drives
  • ZFS2 Volume

I had one drive fail last month and while I got it shipped I was still able to access my data. As I was ready to resilver it, I rebooted aaaaand I was then unable to mount the volume. Noticed that now only 3 of the drives show in the "View Disks" menu. Fun!!

Trying to unlock the volume gives the failed message. In the console however, shows:
Code:
"Failed with: cannot import 'vol01' : no such pool or dataset" 

What do?
This is why you should have a spare or two on hand. It should never take you a month to replace a failed hard drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.