expanding encrypted Volume failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion2k

Cadet
Hello,
I kept playing with my Test-Server.
The server had an encrypted RaidZ2 volume with 10 500GB HDDs. I tried to expand this volume with 10 250GB HDDs.
During the expanding process there was an timeout error.
Now it seems that the new HDDs have been added to the volume, but they have not been encrypted.
When I now try to decrypt the volume I get the following error:
Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://192.168.178.44/storage/volume/1/unlock/?X-Progress-ID=3f36f852-dd7f-48f3-8e5d-6127bf474721 Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner 39. response = get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response 249. response = self._get_response(request) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response 178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py" in volume_unlock 1190. form.done(volume=volume) File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in done 2619. raise MiddlewareError(msg) Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /storage/volume/1/unlock/ Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b'Volume could not be imported: 10 devices failed to decrypt']

Any idea how I can fix this?

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org that includes the full text of that traceback and post the issue number here.

zion2k

Cadet
Sorry for the beginner question. Where can I find those tracebacks?
Meanwhile I switched off the server. Are there any logfiles where I can find those tracebacks?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Sorry for the beginner question. Where can I find those tracebacks?
Meanwhile I switched off the server. Are there any logfiles where I can find those tracebacks?
This is scary, I don't think I would have shut it down. I hope you can get things unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.