[FreeNAS 11.1] Unlocking encrypted pool throws exception "MiddlewareError"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bw1faeh0

Dabbler
Hi,

I installed FreeNAS 11.1 as clean install on a new USB-Stick and as upgrade of an existing 11.0-U4. In both cases If I try to unlock my pool a exception is thrown and displayed:

Code:
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE (dc7d195f4)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://sharkoon.local/storage/volume/1/unlock/?X-Progress-ID=e85e6f02-dc03-4d0f-855a-41c7d0bd5d16

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner 
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py" in volume_unlock
  1005.			 form.done(volume=volume)
File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in done
  2792.			 raise MiddlewareError(msg)

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /storage/volume/1/unlock/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: Volume could not be imported: 6 devices failed to decrypt]

On FreeNAS 11.0-U4 there is no such problem.

Does anyone has an idea what to do?

FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b)
FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor
16 GB Ram
Asus M4A78LT-M Mainboard

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
File a bug report and post the issue number here, please. Also, include a debug tarball.

CyBiS

Cadet
Did you use the GELI encrpytion key or the recovery key for unlocking the pool? I can reproduce the very same error message when trying to unlock an ecrpyted pool with the GELI encrpytion key instead of the recovery key.

bw1faeh0

Dabbler
Did you use the GELI encrpytion key or the recovery key for unlocking the pool? I can reproduce the very same error message when trying to unlock an ecrpyted pool with the GELI encrpytion key instead of the recovery key.

I tried without any key, with recovery key and with geli key. Every time the same result. BTW until today I never needed one of these keys when I upgraded from one version to an other.

Status
Not open for further replies.